“Friendsgiving,” is the equivalent of a Thanksgiving meal but with friends instead of your relatives. Most don’t realize it’s the perfect opportunity to bring something other than the same ole turkey & stuffing you eat with your fam… hence, the Friendsgiving Sandwich Slider is here!
Some Friendsgiving/Thanksgiving dinners consists of smaller group of people and a whole turkey isn’t practical… buy your turkey meat already cooked and assemble these sandwiches! They are a fun spin on the traditional Thanksgiving food classics, and easy to serve a crowd no matter how big or small.
Every part of the Friendsgiving Slider can be purchased pre-made, or can be made from scratch. I bought everything pre-made except the stuffing, and used the Gluten-Free Stuffing Mix from Trader Joe’s (highly recommend!). If you are vegetarian, these taste great even without the turkey.
Friendsgiving Sandwich Sliders
- 1 family pack King's Hawaiian Rolls 24 rolls
- 1 lb cooked turkey sliced or shredded
- 1/2 cup gravy
- 1-2 cups stuffing
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup cranbery-orange relish
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning to sprinkle
- In small saucepan, combine gravy and turkey and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Keeping rolls attached, slice horizontally in knife with a sharp bread knife. Put the bottom and top both on baking sheet with cut sides facing up.
- Evenly spread stuffing on bottom of rolls, followed by stuffing, mashed potatoes, and turkey/gravy mixture.
- Evenly spread cranberry relish on cut side of roll tops. Cover the roll bottoms with roll tops.
- With a pastry brush, coat roll tops with melted butter, and a light sprinkle of Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until throughly heated.
If you loved this recipe, leave me a comment or share on Instagram, @goodafeats, #goodAFeats!