This may not be your usual pumpkin dish, but I assure you it’s an interesting, yet delicious one. Many pumpkin dips call for cheese, but I honestly think pumpkin and cheddar sound like an odd combination. Cream cheese and pumpkin however, sounds (and tastes) mighty fine to me.
In this recipe, I used dairy-free cream cheese. Why? Because cooking with DF sour cream or cream cheese doesn’t tend to upset my gut. You can use real cream cheese if you wish, but I assure you it tastes the same.
Many have told me they are freaked out by the term “vegan” or “dairy-free” cream cheese, and I so wish people believed me when I say it really does taste the same as the real stuff (without the upset tummy!). Contrary to popular belief, not all vegan replacements are soy based! Look below to see…
My favorite brands for vegan cream cheese include:
Kite Hill (almond milk based)
Mykonos (cashew based)
Tofutti (soy based)
Trader Joe’s brand (soy based, Tofutti dupe)
I serve my Pumpkin and Bacon Dip with beet crackers, Ritz crackers, or tortilla chips! You can’t go wrong!
Savory Pumpkin & Bacon Dip
A savory pumpkin dip with green onions & bacon, best served with Ritz crackers or beet crackers! Dairy-free.
- 1/2 can pureed pumpkin
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 green onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion flakes
- 1/4 smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
- 6-8 cooked bacon slices (crumbled)
- Mix pumpkin and cream cheese in mixing bowl. Add green onions, and mixed well.
- In separate mixing bowl, mix nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion flakes, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Add to wet mixture, and combine.
- Add in bacon slices and mix well.
- It is ready, and best served at room temperature.
If you loved this recipe, leave me a comment or share on Instagram, @goodafeats, #goodAFeats!