I’ve whipped up a recipe for smoked paprika breakfast potatoes, and they are delicious paired with eggs, bacon, or even as a side with whatever you’re having for dinner. These would also be divine in a breakfast burrito (I haven’t eaten yet today and I want to eat everything I’m talking about).
Sometimes I get carried away and don’t measure things out… read the directions before creating this recipe! I used both red and yellow potatoes – red potatoes are quite exceptional.
Smoked Paprika Breakfast Potatoes
1 lbs. red potatoes or yellow potatoes
Nonstick cooking spray
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp smoked paprika
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
Green onions (garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Chop potatoes into 1 inch wedges.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes on tray and evenly spread out.
3. Lightly coat potatoes with olive oil and toss, until all are covered. Spread smoked paprika over potatoes, and once again toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
4. Sprinkle salt over potatoes. Include a few shakes of black pepper as well.
5. Cook for 15 minutes. Spread more smoked paprika (I coated the entire top generously) over potatoes and toss to combine. Drizzle a little more olive oil if the potatoes are dry. Cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Potatoes should be crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. Serve with ketchup and Sriracha!
Enjoy my friends!
– xoxo, Amber